NRAP provides temporary financial assistance of up to $4,000 in an 18-month period for rental housing on Nantucket. Funds are based on need and eligibility.
Financial assistance can help with:
- Payment of first and last monthly rent to secure, safe year-round housing.
- A monthly payment for assistance to make a rental unit affordable.
- Emergency funds, when financial disasters happen, serious illness, or any number of unforeseen events that effect income negatively.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Lived on Nantucket year-round for the previous 2 years
- Have employment and/or potential for employment
- Be able to resume full rental payments when assistance has concluded
- Complete a full application and provide detailed financial documentation.
Income guidelines for applicants:
- Applicants for rental assistance must have incomes which generally fall at or below 80% of the annual median income for the County of Nantucket as published each year by HUD.