Mission: The Nantucket Food Pantry provides food on a temporary basis to persons with no income or inadequate income to feed themselves and their families. The Food Pantry’s assistance is available until the client’s circumstances improve.
Director: Anne Marie Bellavance
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4-6pm
Location: 10 Washington Street (the Greenhound Building). Entrance at rear of building on Candle Street.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 2597, Nantucket, MA 02584
History: The number of people being served by the Food Pantry:
- In FY 2008, 1,297 people were served
- In FY 2009, 3,616 people were served
- In FY 2010, 4,455 people were served
- In FY 2011, 4,616 people were served
- In FY 2012, 4,972 people were served
- In FY 2013, 3915 people were served
- In FY 2014, 3726 people were served
Funding: The Food Pantry is supported by public and private grants, fundraisers, and donations of money and food from local businesses and the general public. Our largest fundraising events are the annual Chef’s Dinner and the Beach Volleyball Tournament. Throughout the year, there are other fundraising events, which will be posted on our “Current News” page.